Sunday, November 30, 2008

A great day on the bay



After four days of rain and storms it was great to see a clear, sunny day. Four of us spent the day paddling from Victoria Pt over to Coochie, down the eastern side of the Macleay Island to Karragarra Island for lunch. WIth the ebbing tide, we headed north along the western side of Macleay then back across to Coochie and Victoria Pt. All up we paddled 27km .... certainly a great day on the bay.

Plenty of dugongs and turtles to be seen on the way.

For more info on our route and export it to Google Earth, have a look at the gps track on motionbased. com. Just follow the link below:


http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/invitation/email/accept.mb?senderPk.pkValue=68193&unitSystemPkValue=1&episodePk.pkValue=7223520




1 comment:

Wezzy said...

Gaz,

I went to Coochie for the first time about six weeks ago - I couldn't believe it was such a nice little island. I always wanted to go sea kayaking after seeing some up on Hinchinbrook when I did the hike but I always worry about falling out and meeting those fellas with the big teeth. Looked like you had fun. I have been at work all weekend :( Back on the bike tomorrow. :)