Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'm not a runner ... or maybe I am?


I have never run more than 3km in my life, which is a long way short of 10km that my 12yr old daughter and I had signed up for on Sunday. A year ago we were driving over the Gateway Bridge and saw this stream of people that stretched for as far as we could see. It was the Bridge to Brisbane. We decided at that moment it was something that we should do.

A year later, we lined up with 30,000 of our closest friends, only got to the staggered start line after the winner had already finished ... then we were off and jogging up the Gateway Bridge. An hour and 11 minutes later we had both completed the 10km .... rather surprised at how well we had done with no training or experience. Armed with the spirit to get out and just do it!!

2 comments:

chickendrinker said...

Runner, kayaker, MTBer. I hear an adventure race calling your name.

Flyboy said...

Go Gaz. Lucky you have two good legs!